For Residential Home Cleaning
For Vacation Rental Hosts
How to Clean Your Tiles: Ultimate Guide
Can you think of a time when you really enjoyed scrubbing, wiping, and moping around your home? You can’t, can you?
To make things worse, some cleaning chores simply frustrate you. Cleaning your tiles, for instance. Removing the dirt out of the grouting isn’t among your favorite activities, right? It is too demanding and time-consuming. Plus, there’s always the risk that you might damage your colorful tiles.
Luckily, there are time-tested ways to make the entire process a lot easier. In the following article, our house cleaning service professionals in Hollywood, California, will share some of their clever tile cleaning hacks with you. Keep reading to learn more!
What to use to clean tiles?
Your ultimate tile cleaning solution depends on the type of tile you are dealing with. For example, you can use most cleaning products and solutions, including DIY natural cleaning solutions such as white vinegar, baking soda, and lemons, to clean your ceramic and porcelain tiles.
Marble, however, can be ruined by acids like lemon and vinegar, as well as abrasive cleaning cloths, so you have to be careful about the type of cleaner you use. Usually, you’ll only need mild dish soap and water for basic daily whitening and brightening.
What is the best way to clean bathroom tiles?
If you need to clean your bathroom tiles efficiently, here are some useful tips and tricks for you:
- Before you start cleaning, run a hot shower for a few minutes to open up the pores of materials like ceramic tiles. That way, you can reach more dirt and get a more sparkling finish.
- Clean grouting before you attend to tiles. The dirt from the grouting will probably get onto the tiles, so you can wipe it all down afterward.
- Spritz your favorite natural cleaning solution onto the surface. Wait and wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge.
- You can either use lemon juice or mix about 1/2 a cup of distilled white vinegar with 4 cups of warm water, and fill a spray bottle and apply it to the surface.
- Or you can use baking soda. Make a paste of 2-3 cups baking soda and a little water, or sprinkle directly onto the tiles. Scrub it in using an old toothbrush or a sponge to help remove tough stains. Then, wipe the tiles down with a cloth soaked in lemon juice before you rinse everything with warm water.
- If you opt for a heavier chemical cleaner, make sure to open the windows to minimize fumes, and refrain from mixing different products.
- Whether you are sprucing up your kitchen or bathroom, deal with your floor tiles last, or otherwise, dirt and grime will fall from the wall tiles, and other high areas, and you will have to clean the floor again.
- Don’t forget that marble is porous. So avoid using vinegar and baking soda as they can etch the smooth surface. Instead, use mild dish soap and warm water.
Where can I find dependable house cleaning services in Hollywood, California?
If you are tired of dealing with a messy house, or you simply don’t have any ideas on how to clean your wooden furniture like a pro, tackle your streaky mirrors and make them sparkle, or scrub your grimy walls, don’t get desperate! MaidThis has a solution for every cleaning challenge you may face.
The cleaners we work with will do their job thoroughly and cautiously. They will dust, wipe, sweep, vacuum, and mop every corner in your house. And you will be astonished by the results: a home where you’ll feel relieved, knowing everything is tidy again. So, don’t waste your free time on cleaning when you have reliable professionals at your service. Go and relax at Barnsdall Art Park, while we render your house fresh and clean. Call us today!