For Vacation Rental Hosts
For Residential Home Cleaning
In-Depth Airbnb Cleaning Checklist
To say that traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic is risky would be a massive understatement. As a result, people everywhere have begun to prioritize clean and thoroughly disinfected rental properties when choosing their accommodations.
Airbnb rentals are by no means exempt from this. In fact, since getting positive user ratings is crucial for the success of an Airbnb, rental property owners who are still hosting during the coronavirus crisis need to go the extra mile when cleaning their Airbnb.
Whether you do it yourself, or you hire a professional Airbnb cleaning service in Orange County, making sure that your vacation rental property is sparkling clean is more critical than ever. Read on to learn how to clean your Airbnb like a pro.
What should Airbnb hosts focus on while cleaning their property?
Most people are very sensitive about their hygiene, so it’s no surprise that cleanliness is by far the single most important factor that affects Airbnb ratings. A guest who finds a dirty toilet bowl, or a clump of hair left by a previous guest, is likely going to get grossed out and give your property a negative review even if they like everything else about it.
As a result, your Airbnb cleaning should include things that you wouldn’t normally care about during a standard home cleaning. The goal is to present hotel-like standards of cleanliness, and that means applying quite a bit of elbow grease or outsourcing your cleaning to the experts.
Here’s an extensive Airbnb cleaning checklist:
- Perform a standard cleaning. Start by dusting and wiping the furniture, and then give the entire place a good vacuuming (or sweeping, if you use a broom) and mopping.
- Disinfect frequently-touched surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails, TV and AC remotes, light switches, keys, etc., using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Change linens and make the beds. This is a must. After all, no one wants to lie down on crumpled linens that have stains on them and smell strange.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect the bathroom. There’s nothing more disgusting than a dirty, unkempt bathroom. Give it a good scrubbing and remember to disinfect everything. Pay special attention to the shower and the toilet bowl.
- Give the kitchen an in-depth cleaning. In addition to wiping all the cabinets and the exteriors of appliances, you’ll also need to make sure the interiors of the fridge, oven, and microwave are spotless as well.
- Replenish household supplies. Check if toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, soap, dish detergent, and dishwasher tablets are running out, and restock them if necessary.
- Wash the dishes. One of the worst things an Airbnb guest can find is a bunch of dirty glasses, platters, cutlery, trays, and any other dishes in the sink.
- Throw out the trash and replace the plastic bags in the trash cans.
- Check for damages. Your previous guests may have damaged something and not told you about it. If this is the case, you’ll need to perform repairs or get replacements before your next guests arrive.
Where can I book the most reliable Airbnb cleaning service in Orange County?
Whether you’re renting out a single room in your apartment, or an entire luxury house located close to The Wedge, the success of your Airbnb business is still largely determined by the ratings your property gets from your guests.
Making sure your place is sparkling clean and professionally disinfected will not only keep your guests happy, it will also protect you and your future guests from dangerous germs. This is where MaidThis comes in.
We work with the top cleaning experts in Orange County who have the tools and the skills needed to keep your Airbnb pristine at all times. Book your cleaning today.