How to Clean Your Microwave Like a Pro
Nowadays, over 90% of US households own a microwave. Is your house among them? If yes, how often do you and your family use it? Every day? A microwave can indeed shorten the time you would otherwise spend heating food leftovers or preparing pre-made food. And since you use it so frequently, it can easily get super dirty.
Keeping your microwave hygienic should be one of the top priorities of your house cleaning routine in Mar Vista, CA, as you don’t want the grime inside your microwave to become a breeding ground for germs, and thus threaten your family’s safety.
If you’re not sure how to deal with hardened grease in your microwave, we have prepared a few useful tips for you. Read on!
What to spray in the microwave to clean it?
You’ve probably noticed numerous commercial cleaners that are advertised as powerful weapons against dirt and gunk in your microwave.While these can indeed remove grease efficiently, they can leave chemical residues that may not only compromise the taste of your food but also endanger your health.
For this reason, commercial cleaners are best used for the microwave’s exterior. A glass cleaner works great in this regard. Spray the cleaner onto the surface and make sure not to oversaturate the touchpad. Afterward, simply wipe it down with a clean microfiber cloth.
What is the best way to clean the inside of the microwave?
White vinegar is a powerful natural cleaner and sanitizer that can kill some food-borne bacteria, including Salmonella and E-coli. So, you can freely use it around your house. For instance, it is excellent for cleaning your kitchen cabinets.
You can also use it to de-grease your microwave. Here’s how:
- Open your microwave and detach any removable parts, such as fan covers, carousel platters, or turntables). Wash them with soapy water.
- Add two cups of distilled water and two tablespoons of white vinegar to a microwave-safe bowl. Optionally, pour two drops of your favorite essential oil to neutralize the white vinegar odor.
- Place the bowl into the microwave and start a high 5-minute cycle. Don’t open your microwave for another 10 minutes to allow the white vinegar to soften the dried food and baked-on grime.
- Open the microwave carefully and wipe the interior and exterior of your microwave with a cloth dampened with your vinegar solution.
- Finally, wipe everything off with another dry microfiber cloth and all the components back in. That’s it, you’re done!
How do I clean my microwave without vinegar?
If you’re not a fan of white vinegar, you can use lemons instead. The procedure is the same, except you need to squeeze some lemon juice and place two lemon halves into the water instead of white vinegar.
You can also make a baking soda paste for tougher stains. Just make sure to let it sit for 5 minutes. Then wipe the surface with a dampened, non-abrasive sponge. Finally, remove any baking soda residue with damp paper towels.
Where can I book one of the most dependable house cleaning services in Mar Vista, CA?
Need help restoring order to your home? MaidThis can help! Every cleaner we work with has gone through a rigorous 5-step screening process to ensure your total satisfaction and peace of mind. With their help, your kitchen counters will be sparkling, your fridge will be hygienic and odor-free, and much more!
On top of that, we offer a 24-hour happiness guarantee, so if you’re not fully satisfied with the service you received, the cleaner will return and re-clean the offending areas at no extra cost. Feel free to kick back with a great book from the Mar Vista Branch Library, while your house receives a meticulous cleaning. Book an appointment online in 60 seconds or less!