For Vacation Rental Hosts
For Residential Home Cleaning
What You Need to Know Before Hiring Vacation Rental Cleaning Services
Vacation rental properties succeed or fail depending on the online ratings they receive from their guests. It should come as no surprise that cleanliness (or lack thereof) is the main reason why an otherwise excellent property can amass a slew of negative reviews.
For better or worse, your guests have chosen your property over other types of lodgings. While they don’t expect your place to be as richly furnished as a full-service hotel, they nonetheless want to arrive at a 100% spotless vacation rental property.
This means that, unless you’re a career cleaner yourself, you’ll need to book a professional vacation rental cleaning in Sacramento to keep your property looking its best at all times. Read on to learn more about vacation rental cleaning services.
Can’t I clean my vacation rental property myself?
You can, but it’s unlikely to yield good results. Again, your guests expect hotel-like levels of cleanliness, so giving your Airbnb the same cleaning you give your home simply isn’t going to be enough.
If you’re still not sure, ask yourself:
- Can you guarantee that you’ll pick up every stray hair or crumb?
- Is the glassware going to look as sparkling clean as it would in a hotel?
- Do you know which cleaning products can aggravate allergies and which are safe?
- Will you remember to pick up and throw every last bit of garbage?
Even if you can reliably do all of these things, can you be certain that you won’t forget something? All it takes is a single strand of hair or a stained sheet to gross out your guests and make them give you a low rating.
How is vacation rental cleaning different from residential cleaning?
In addition to having much higher standards for cleanliness, professional vacation rental cleaners also offer various specialized services. These services are particularly important if you live far from your property and are unable to visit it on a regular basis.
- Cleaning and changing linens,
- Restocking items such as toilet paper, napkins, light bulbs, batteries, and so on,
- Inspecting your rental property for damages and notifying you if any are found,
- Checking for other issues (stolen items, malfunctioning appliances, etc.).
How much does vacation rental cleaning cost?
It’s impossible to provide a one-size-fits-all price for vacation rental cleaning simply because no two rental properties are the same. There are a number of major factors that affect how much the service will cost.
These factors include:
- Size of the property (bigger properties are more expensive to clean),
- Type of cleaning required (deep cleaning costs more than standard cleaning),
- Location (the area’s cost of living can be taken into account).
Ask these questions before hiring a vacation rental cleaning service:
- Are they experienced?
- What is included in the cleaning?
- Do they send post-cleaning photos?
- Have the cleaners been thoroughly vetted?
- Are there any add-on services available?
- Do the cleaners bring their own cleaning supplies?
- Are emergency cleanings possible?
What if my property gets damaged during the cleaning?
- Do they have a satisfaction guarantee?
Where can I book the top vacation rental cleaning in Sacramento?
It doesn’t matter if your vacation rental property is a single room in your house, a small lakeside cottage, or a spacious apartment in Boulevard Park; it won’t get good reviews unless it gets first-rate cleanings on a regular basis.
Here at MaidThis, we’d be happy to help you get the most out of your vacation rental property. The cleaners we team up with have all been carefully vetted to ensure maximum reliability. Even if something doesn’t go according to plan, you’ll be covered by our 100% happiness guarantee.
Book a cleaning today!