10 Easy Spring Cleaning Tips & Tricks
Spring is in the air, and you feel a burst of fresh energy. Everything gets a new dimension as the temperatures go up. So, you feel like you could do even the most tedious task in the world: you could finally spring clean your house. However, once you get your bucket and mop, this enthusiasm simply withers. You realize you don’t know where to start. And, how can you finish everything without overtiring yourself?
Well, don’t despair straightaway! There is a way out. Hire the most reliable house cleaning service in Burbank to save your day. The professionals will know how to eradicate the dirt. However, if you still insist on rolling up your sleeves and doing it yourself, we have prepared a few handy tips for you. Read on!
How can I make spring cleaning easier?
Some people believe that spring is the best time for deep cleaning. While this is true, it doesn’t mean that you should do it only once a year. You actually need to deep clean your home more often if you want to keep all the germs and dirt at bay. This is particularly important now with the coronavirus still raging throughout the States.
Spring cleaning can seem overwhelming indeed. Especially if you live in a huge house with small kids and pets, and have to clean on a busy schedule. However, to be more efficient when tackling every nook and cranny in your home, you just need a well-devised approach. With it, you won’t be in the dark about the outcome as you will have a clearer idea of what the entire process entails.
Here are a few simple tips that will make a real difference in your spring-cleaning routine, taking it to the next level.
1. Make a to-do list: Before you start your ambitious project, go around your house room by room and observe. Notice what needs a deep cleaning, and make a list of tasks.
2. Get the clutter out of the way: This way, you won’t be distracted by unnecessary items, and you’ll be able to focus on the task at hand once you start cleaning.
3. Gather your cleaning supplies: Make sure you have all the cleaning products, including sponges, mops, brooms, and buckets, gathered and organized beforehand. This way, you won’t need to look for misplaced equipment when you get down to business.
4. Get your family involved: Once you have made your checklist, you should enlist the help of your family. Spring cleaning can be a family tradition in which everyone plays their part. Even toddlers can pick up their toys.
5. Start with the most demanding chore: Consider tackling your most dreaded task first. Maybe it’s deep cleaning your kitchen appliances. They can get pretty nasty, can’t they? Since you are just beginning, you’ll feel more enthusiastic and energized. And once you check off your most frustrating chore, all others will seem incredibly easier.
6. Go room by room: This way, you won’t need to go back and forth all the time. And you won’t spread dust and dirt from room to room.
7. Apply a top-to-bottom approach: Due to the force of gravity, dust falls to lower spots. So, if you don’t want to clean the same surface twice, start with the areas above eye level. For example, begin by removing cobwebs from the ceiling corners. Then, attend to ceiling fans or light fixtures. Next, dust your furniture. Lastly, vacuum and mop floors.
8. Learn to multitask: While the product is soaking and doing its job in the toilet bowl, you can wipe the bathroom mirror, or rearrange your cosmetics, for instance.
9. Let your cleaning products sit for a while: This will enhance their power, and you won’t need to scrub so hard to get rid of baked-on grease.
10. To make spring cleaning less time-consuming, consider eliminating your bad cleaning habits in the first place. So make sure to check the expiration dates of your products and keep your equipment in top shape.
Where to find an efficient house cleaning service in your neighborhood in Burbank?
If the above tips simply don’t resonate with you, and you’d rather play tennis at Brace Canyon Park, while professionals tackle your housework, MaidThis cleaning experts will be delighted to lend you a helping hand! Our cleaners can handle all your cleaning tasks effortlessly, and their wall-to-wall approach to cleaning will blow you away!
From dusting and vacuuming to mopping and wiping, we can deal with even the dirtiest houses and make them sparkle. Do not hesitate to call us! We are waiting!