For Residential Home Cleaning
For Vacation Rental Hosts
How to Make Your Tile Floors Shine in 8 Easy Steps
You’ve finally found some time to restore order in your home in Pacific Palisades, CA, and one sight particularly shocked you. Look at those grimy tile floors! It’ll take years – or the help of professional house cleaning services – to restore their shine.
Well, there’s no room for despair. Either grab your cleaning supplies or let the pros take care of it! There’s no other way to go about it. If you decide to do it yourself, we’ve prepared a short guide that will help you make your tile floors look gorgeous again. Keep reading to learn more!
How do you clean really dirty tile floors?
Making unkempt tile floors sparkle again sounds like a lot of work, especially if you notice a lot of sticky stains. But with this convenient 8-step guide, your stain-bespattered tile floor will look wonderful again.
- Get your cleaning supplies ready. You’ll need a vacuum cleaner or a broom, a mop, white vinegar, baking soda, mild dish soap, and lavender essential oil.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor from wall to wall, paying special attention to corners, as a lot of dirt accumulates there.
- Concoct your DIY solution. Pour 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap, ¼ cup white vinegar, and ¼ cup baking soda into 2 gallons of very warm water. Optionally, add a few drops of lavender essential oil to mask the strong vinegar scent.
- Add one-quarter of your solution to the bucket. Dip your mop into it, squeeze out any excess water, and run it over the floor cautiously. Make sure to make consistent moves, as you don’t want to miss any part of the floor.
- After you’re done with one section of your floor, rinse it with clean water and a mop, and then go to the next and repeat the procedure.
- Once you notice your solution has gotten cloudy, replace it with a fresh mixture. This way, you won’t spread dirt all over the floor.
- Pay special attention to the grout. Maybe you’ll need to grab a toothbrush to remove all the hardened dirt.
- Finally, if possible, open the window to let the floor air dry. And you’re good to go!
- If you have marble tiles, don’t use vinegar, as its acidity will ruin them. Baking soda isn’t a good option either. It’s mildly abrasive and it can damage marble tile floors too. Instead, simply mix a few drops of dish soap and warm water.
- As is the case with tending to your hardwood floors, don’t use harsh chemicals like bleach or ammonia. They’ll erode the tile sealant.
- Make sure to sweep or vacuum your tile floors regularly to remove any debris. This way, no abrasive particles can be pressed into high foot traffic tile floors.
- Deal with spills right away to protect your tiles and grout from discoloration and to save yourself from unnecessary stress once you start cleaning the floor.
Where in Pacific Palisades, CA, can I book detailed house cleaning services?
Is it time to clean your home Pacific Palisades, but you’re worried you might damage your tile floors? Or perhaps you need some help getting your hardwood floors to look their best? Whatever your cleaning needs may be, you can’t go wrong by giving MaidThis a call.
Enjoy some fresh air at the Palisades Recreation Center while the expert maids we match you with make your house sparkle! Book your maid service today!