For Residential Home Cleaning
For Vacation Rental Hosts
6 Common Cleaning Myths Debunked
Anywhere you look online, there’s someone claiming to know clever hacks for a sparkling house. But are the tips you come across actually effective? How do you decide which homemade cleaning solutions will yield the desired results? And which will just make a greater mess? What if the cleaning methods everyone else swears by simply don’t work for you?
If you feel lost in this sea of information, there’s no need to get frustrated! The best house cleaning experts in West Hollywood, CA have gone through some of the most common cleaning myths and debunked them for you. Keep reading to find out more!
What are some common cleaning myths?
Here are some of the most widespread misconceptions about cleaning:
- Bleach cleans everything. Even though for some people bleach is synonymous with a tidy house, it is not a cleaning agent at all. It is a disinfectant. It can be used for sanitizing surfaces, which is particularly important in the COVID-19 era, but it shouldn’t be used daily because of its toxic fumes.
- Vinegar is an effective cleaner for removing dirt and grime around your home. It is true it can do wonders for some kitchen appliances, including garbage disposal, fridge, dishwasher, etc. But it is not an all-purpose cleaner. Vinegar is an acid and it can damage natural stone surfaces, for instance.
- Newspapers are perfect for wiping your windows. Certain kinds of newspapers can work for windows, but it’s far better to use a microfiber cloth or even a coffee filter. Some newspapers still use petroleum-based ink, so they can stain your hands and leave unattractive traces on the surface.
- Coffee grounds or lemons will eliminate odors in your garbage disposal. This is not a useful idea at all, as they can clog your drain. For more abrasive and deodorizing power, try this DIY baking soda cleaner: simply sprinkle about a half-cup of baking soda into the disposal, and add a cup of white vinegar. Let the mixture fizz for five to ten minutes, turn on the disposal, and run cold water to distribute the mixture through the unit.
- Cleaning solutions act instantly. Since most cleaning products contain powerful chemicals, you might assume that they work immediately. However, even the strongest cleaning agents need 5 to 10 minutes to break down germs, bacteria, and grime, so you shouldn’t wipe them off straight away. If you don’t want to scrub hard, and if you want to get the most out of your cleaning products, arm yourself with a little bit of patience.
- Hand washing dishes is better than using a dishwasher. This might be true only if you have a decade-old dishwasher. Today’s models beat handwashing by a mile. If you use a dishwasher that bears the Energy Star label, you can save up to 5,000 gallons of water, more than 40 dollars in energy costs, and 230 hours you would spend washing dishes every year. Finally, dishwashers heat the water up to 140° F, so they’ll sanitize your dishes as well.
Where can I book efficient house cleaning in West Hollywood, CA?
Tired of dealing with a dirty, messy house? Don’t have time to browse the web for useful cleaning hacks and recipes for homemade cleaning solutions? Would you rather go shopping on Melrose Avenue? Don’t be too hard on yourself! Live life to the fullest and leave your housework to MaidThis. We will partner you with meticulous and trustworthy cleaning professionals.
Our mission is to set you free from exhausting chores and let you enjoy your free time doing what matters to you most! Check out our wide selection of services, including regular cleaning, vacation rental cleaning, apartment cleaning, and move in/out cleaning services: you’ll find something that suits you.
If, by any chance, you are not pleased with an aspect of our service, don’t hesitate to reach out within 48 hours. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee to all our customers. We’ll arrange for a re-clean of the area(s) in question free of charge. Book your most reliable cleaning service now!