For Residential Home Cleaning
For Vacation Rental Hosts
How To Clean Your Oven Like a Pro?
No one likes oven cleaning. Unlike mopping and vacuuming, both of which can be done leisurely while listening to music on your earphones, keeping your oven squeaky clean requires you to get down on your knees and really attack the grime head-on.
To make matters worse, the size of a typical oven prevents more than one person from cleaning it at a time, and cleaning it properly requires some serious elbow grease, so you can’t even get help from your kids. Leaving it for later isn’t acceptable either, as doing so can have a negative impact on your family’s health.
Hiring a reputable home cleaning service in Bel Air is the best way to ensure your oven is properly cleaned and sanitized. But what if you are absolutely determined to clean it all by yourself? In that case, you’ll find the tips in this article immensely helpful. Read on!
How do you clean an oven quickly?
Given how incredibly talented the average oven is when it comes to collecting dried-up spills and difficult-to-reach dirt, it’s hard to believe they are not sentient. Worse, the high temperatures inside the oven can cause any grease or food crumbs to harden and stick to its surface like glue.
The good news is that there’s a simple oven cleaning approach that uses common household items you likely already have in your kitchen. Buying a self-cleaning oven is also a great way to solve this problem for good.
Gather the following supplies:
- A bucket of water,
- A bag of baking soda,
- A bottle of vinegar,
- A mixing bowl,
- An old rag,
- A sponge.
How do you clean the inside of an oven?
Before you start cleaning, you’ll have to remove the oven racks first. If they’re also dirty, you can clean them by putting them in hot water mixed with half a cup of dishwashing soap and letting them sit overnight.
Once the racks are out, do the following:
- Step #1: Mix a few tablespoons of water with 1/2 cup of baking soda. Adjust the amount of water and baking soda accordingly if your oven is extra-large. Once the mixture becomes paste-like, spread it all over the interior of the oven (except for the heating elements).
- Step #2: Let the oven sit for 12 hours or more. Don’t be concerned if the baking soda turns brown; this is expected and it means the mixture is doing its job.
- Step #3: The next day, carefully spread the vinegar over the interior and let it react with the paste. This will make the dirt and debris considerably more soft and therefore easier to scrub off. Voila! You now have a sparkling clean oven!
How do you clean oven doors?
A glass oven door may look like a window, but it definitely shouldn’t be cleaned like a window. Luckily for you, it can be washed using the same household items you used to clean the interior.
Do the following:
- Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda and a bit of water into a thick paste,
- Using a sponge, spread this paste over the inside glass,
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes,
- Get a damp sponge and wipe the paste off,
- Finish by buffing the glass with a paper towel.
Where can I find a superb home cleaning service in Bel Air?
Between a full-time job, long commutes, and taking care of children, it can often be exceedingly hard to find the energy to clean. Fortunately, first-rate Bel Air cleaning services are highly affordable and can be booked in less than a minute.
The cleaning experts MaidThis works with have been carefully screened to ensure maximum dependability and effectiveness. They will gladly make your place pristine while you relax with a leisurely walk through the beautiful East Gate. Call today.